how to transport a refrigerator on its side

Can laying a mini fridge on it's side damage it? - freezer ...

Jul 03, 2013· I bought a mini fridge today and the guy said not to put it on its side or If I do, not to turn it on for 24 hours. I was trying to fit it in my car and I put it on its side for a second but it wouldn't fit so I rented a truck and put it upright not sideways and took it home.

Laying Refrigerators Down When Moving Them - DavesRepair.com

Refrigerator by Laying it Down Even though it's not the preferred method of transport, it's OK to lay a refrig down for moving, even a R134a system, if you pay close attention to the refrigerant lines.

Moving a modern 'fridge. Can I lay it on its side ...

Apr 09, 2010· You are getting a free, late model, side by side stainless steel refrigerator, yet you are too cheap to rent a truck to properly move it and ensure its …

Appliance Care 101: How to Move a Refrigerator the Right ...

Can You Transport a Fridge on Its Side? It's best to keep your refrigerator in an upright position for the entire move, no matter what its size. This is because putting a fridge down on its side can cause damage to the refrigerator compressor and keep it from doing its job. The compressor is filled with oil that is held in place by gravity.

Moving a Refrigerator - Forum - Bob Vila

If you have to transport the fridge you can lay it on its side. It's best if the hinges are at the top so the doors don't fall open. After moving, you should leave it stand upright at least an ...

Transporting Tall Dorm Fridge on Side? | PopUpPortal

Jun 01, 2011· My TV is a Grand Cherokee, so I have no other choice than to transport it in the camper on its side. Second, if it should remain upright all all times, that gives me an excuse to go on a mission to find a decent fridge with the same volume, but low and wide.

Moving a Sub-Zero | FAQ | Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove

Can you transport a Sub-Zero on its side or back? Answer: For assistance moving a Sub-Zero product, contact a Factory Certified Installer or a local dealer. If a Sub-Zero has to be laid down on its side when moving, use the left side if facing the front of the unit.

How To Move a Refrigerator - Appliance Repair Guide - ACME ...

Avoid laying a refrigerator on its side. The oil in the compressor can flow into the cooling lines when the refrigerator is tipped onto its side. When returned to an upright position, there is a risk that the oil will not completely drain from the cooling lines and the refrigerator will not cool.

Can You Transport a Fridge on Its Side? | Reference.com

A refrigerator can be transported on its side, but proper precautions must be taken to ensure damage does not occur during the move. This includes securing items inside and allowing the evaporator to …

The Family Movin A Fridge.mpg - YouTube

Feb 10, 2010· Anne hooked us up with this sweet fridge as part of a new water heater deal. It was awesome moving it.

Will I damage my refrigerator if I transport it on its ...

Mar 29, 2006· Transporting a fridge on it's side can stretch or break these springs which can cause a shudder stop condition (the fridge makes a shuddering banging noise everytime the compressor stops and sometimes when it starts).

If the refrigerator is transported by laying horizontally ...

If the fridge was transported on its side the oil in the compressor can move into the compressor lines. Allow the fridge to remain upright for 24 hours before plugging in. This should allow time for the oil to travel back into the compressor.

What Happens When You Lay a Refrigerator on Its Side? | Hunker

Doors that are not secured will open when the refrigerator is laid on its side. Even if you would lay the refrigerator down without the hinges on the top side to help keep the doors closed, you risk the chance that the doors will open during transport.

Idiot's Guide to Moving Refrigerator - YouTube

Aug 19, 2007· I shot this through my front window. I should have offered to help the poor guy but I'd rather capture this moment for YouTube instead.

LG How-to & Tips: How should I move a refrigerator? | LG ...

Oil inside the compressor might flow backwards when the refrigerator is tipped onto its side. If the refrigerator is plugged, it is highly likely that the product will malfunction. 3. Do not transport your refrigerator on its side; keep it upright at all times.

Moving Refrigerator On Side | Appliance Aid

The #1 problem with a fridge on it's side is the oil comes out of the compressor and runs up the cooling lines. If at all possible lay the fridge down on the opposite side of …

Can you lay a refrigerator on it's side to transport ...

Oct 29, 2006· If you have to transport a refrigerator on its side (yes, that's correctly spelled, "it's" is a contraction of it+is and is incorrect here), look at the compressor and lie it so that the side which has two tubes coming out of it is up.

What is the truth about moving a refrigerator on its side ...

What is the truth about moving a refrigerator on its side? (self.refrigeration) submitted 2 years ago by TVcasualties. ... (like a refrigeration plant that you just slip in to a cabinet to make it a fridge) and they used to transport all their gear sideways without even knowing it was the wrong way to do it. They were shifting tens of units a ...

Transporting a gas refrigerator

If transporting on any other side, "Burp" the unit when at the final destination before operation. "Burping" can be accomplished by one of the following; A.) Tilt the unit to the left to about a 45 degree angle and hold for 2-3 minutes. then tilt to the right to about a 45 degree angle and hold for 2-3 minutes.

I need to move a refrigerator, laying on its side for 30 ...

I need to move a refrigerator, laying on its side for 30 min car ride. Any tips? ... submitted 2 years ago by wang168. Basically need to transport a fridge, and it needs to go in the back of a van, laying down for about 30 mins. Any suggestions for safest way of doing it to prevent damage to the fridge.? Thanks . 15 comments;

Facts and myths about moving your frigde. Upright or Lying ...

This article visits the facts and myths about moving your fridge. Upright or Lying down. Some insist, when moving your refrigerator to lay the refrigerator down while others swear you should only ever transport upright.

How to Move a Refrigerator - Samsung

How to Move a Refrigerator. Warning: ... It is recommended to transport the refrigerator with its doors attached. However, if necessary, the doors can be removed. For detailed instructions, see the user manual. ... When placing on the dolly, lean the refrigerator to its side, so the coils on the back of the refrigerator do ...

Freezer Moving Instructions - products.geappliances.com

If transporting it in an upright position is not possible, lay it down on the compressor side of the unit. Be careful to secure the door to prevent it from opening. Set it upright in its final location and allow the freezer to sit for the same amount of time that it was on its side (24 hrs max.).

How to Move a Refrigerator: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

If it has been necessary to transport the refrigerator on its side (ex. Top Freezer and SxS models), it should stand upright for an equal amount of time as it was on its side before plugging it in. If it was on its side for more than a day, leave standing for 24 hours before running.

Can You Lay Down a Refrigerator? | Hunker

When a refrigerator is placed on its side, oil from the interior compressor can drain into the refrigerant tubes and cause damage to the unit. If it is unavoidable to transport a refrigerator upright, lay the unit down on its side -- on the freezer side for side-by-side models or else opposite the hinges -- …

What's wrong with transporting a refrigerator on its side?

The theory is that the fluid can cause an air (well gas) lock that prevents the fluid moving around the system and the lack of fluid damages the compressor, or the fluid can get into the compressor in a liquid state and cause hydraulic lock.

Moving a Fridge or Freezer | How to Transport a Fridge on ...

If you have had no choice but to transport a fridge on its side it should be left upright for a minimum of 3 hours before it is plugged in and turned on. If it was on its side for more than a day let it stand for 24 hours before plugging it in. Under countertop fridge unit.

Can You Move a Refrigerator Lying Down? | Reference.com

While moving a refrigerator lying on its side is permissible, the process requires some precautions. At the end of the move, the mover should bring the refrigerator upright and wait as long as it has been on its side, up to 24 hours, before supplying power.